Music/culture/adventure expedition following the exploits and camaraderie of a motley band of eXtreme musicians on an odyssey into local culture and music of Peru's Amazon jungle heralding those who work to save the rainforest. Impromptu gigs with jungle musicians ending with a concert to claim the
- Construction of lean-to, how to select a site, the woods to use to set up shelter; how to use irapay palm fronds to rainproof.
- Construction of fire: wood that will have hard, dry interior even when waterlogged; use of copal resin as fire starter.
- Sources of pure water: Immature yarina fruits, puca huasca vine and cano huasca vine.
- Sources of food: Palm fruits, palm hearts from Euterpe and Iriartea genera, edible beetle grubs, legumes, especially from Inga genus, using barbasco sap to stun fish, canabrava to build fish trap, tamshi vine to make animal snare.
- Raft construction: Recognition of balsa wood, tied together with tamshi vine, oar from remo caspii.
- Mosquito repellent made from Nasutitermes termites.
- Weapons: Fishing spear from cumaceba, bow from cashapona, string from chambira, arrowshafts from bamboo and arrowheads from cumaceba.
- Survival Medicines: Venomous snakebite--piripiri leaves, venomous insect--curarina bark, fever--sanango root, disinfectant--pichirina sap, field dressing--fiber inside bark of machimango, antiparasitical--oje sap, dysentery or gastrointestinal distress--hierba luisa leaves.
Join Us on one of our gigs or events or Contact Us to Plan your own adventure
2020 Music/culture/adventure following the exploits and camaraderie of a motley band of eXtreme musicians on an odyssey into Amazon jungle.
Into the Himalayas: We're breaking the World Record for the Highest concert!
Play a gig on top of an air balloon and then jump off!
Bringing together the best local artists that Nepal has to offer to play in schools, communities and historic areas.